Help for 1st semester

Help for 1st semester

von Farrah Zakir -
Anzahl Antworten: 7

Hello,

I have got admission in the International Software Systems Science and starting my 1st semester now but need some help.

Please let me know what is the difference between the forms of Recognition of Examinations and the Learning Agreement ?

Learning Agreement form I need to fill to kind of get my study plan approved by the university at the start of each semester ?

Then what is the difference between FlexNow and FlexNow2 ?  Which one should I register at for my 1st semester exams ?

Thanks in advance.

Als Antwort auf Farrah Zakir

Re: Help for 1st semester

von Saqib Ali -

Hi, 

There is another VC course specially dedicated to International Software Systems Science,

https://vc.uni-bamberg.de/course/view.php?id=960

Please subscribe to it. There you can find all the relevant information. Also look in the introductory brochure for new students (on the website or mentioned vc course) which has most of the stuff that you need to know. 

You are not required to approve your study plan to study in the program but it is considered a good step. You will also find learning agreement at the above mentioned vc course. For exam registration, you just go to flexnow website and register for the exams when the registration starts. 

Als Antwort auf Saqib Ali

von Farrah Zakir -

Dear Mr. Ali,

Many thanks for the reply.

I am subscribed to that VC link but I still don't understand what is the Recognition of Examination form about ?

von Saqib Ali -

I'm not sure which form you are referring to. But if you want to take a course which is not listed in the module handbook then you fill a learning agreement for it and get it signed by degree advisor, then you have guarantee that when you pass this exam, you will get credits for it. Otherwise you don't need to fill any form. When the official exam registration period starts, just go to flex now website and register for the courses that you want to take for the semester.

von Farrah Zakir -

My apologies for too many questions but I am talking about this form:

Anerkennung von Prüfungsleistungen

It is available to download on this page:

https://vc.uni-bamberg.de/moodle/course/view.php?id=972

Hence I am asking these questions in this Discussion Forum.

von Saqib Ali -
No problem at all. Its okay to be confused at the beginning. I think this form is for getting your personal study plan approved. But like I said before, approving your study plan is an optional step. It is not required for you to study for a semester. Being enrolled in the program and current semester is sufficient. I am student as well and I can tell you from personal experience that at the beginning most students register for all the courses that they are interested in during official registration period. So, if you decide later that you don't want to take any course, you can also deregister it later as well. The official deadlines for registration and de-registration will be communicated later. Approving your study plan is considered a good step because once you have planned your whole degree and you get it approved it gives you satisfaction that you can complete your degree in time and may be degree advisor can then give you feedback that this plan is not right and may be you should adjust some things. Learning agreement is just for some modules which are not listed in official program module handbook and if you want to take them, you fill out learning agreement and get it approved. Does this clarify things for you?

von Farrah Zakir -

Yes.  Thank you so much, Saqib!

I am taking only the courses from A1 and A2 modules which are listed in both Module handbook AND stuFPO but would still definitely fill and get the Learning Agreement and Recognition of Examinations Forms checked with my degree advisor so that I don't have worries in the later semesters about what to study and when.

Thank you again for all the help!!

von Abhigna Rayasam Prasad -
Hi,

I am Abhigna, and I have got an admission in the International Software Systems Science for Winter intake of 2023 and starting my 1st semester now but need some help.

I am a bit held with understanding how to register to the subjects. As i am physically not yet present in the campus(due to Visa, however i will be available in the campus by the next week), i am unable to understand about how i can connect with the faculties and the time table for the current semester.

Thanks in advance and apologies as i am new to this.

Regards,
Abhigna