-- The University Library on site --
The website of the University Library hosts a wealth of information, including but not limited to:
- Online tutorials & explanatory videos
- Online catalogue tutorials
- Interlibrary loan tutorial
- Database tutorial
- Managing your references with Zotero
- and many more
- How to find your way around the library (checking out items, shelfmarks, etc.)
- Tips on searching for literature
The University Library catalogue should be the first place where you start your literature search.
-- Databases available via the University Library --
Besides the central catalogue, the University Library provides you access to a wide range of other databases. Here you find a list of databases that are relevant for students of English linguistics:
- EZB (Elektronische Zeitschriftenbibliothek)
- DBIS (Datenbank-Infosystem) , Information about DBIS
- MLA International Bibliography with Full Text, MLA International Bibliography with Full Text Online-Tutorial
- BLLDB (Bibliography of Linguistic Literature Database), How-to-use guide
- Early English Books Online, Webinar recordings etc.
-- Software for handling secondary literature --
Using specialized software for handling your secondary literature will definitely make your life as a student easier.
Citavi is a professional software for handling secondary literature. It is only available for Windows and the University no longer provides a campus license. Switching to Zotero is recommended.
Zotero is a freeware alternative to Citavi that runs on all major operating systems and is recommended by the Bamberg University Library.